In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Run your race, then stuff your face. Your favorite turkey trot, completed virtually 🦃
Everyone looks forward to getting out on Thanksgiving morning to knock out some miles before celebrating the harvest with friends and family. However, it's not always the most convenient day to attend a race with thousands of other people when you have a lot going on already. Making the pilgrimage from your house to the race site, finding parking, standing shoulder to shoulder with others, then racing back home to get ready can be miserable.
This is where the idea of the Free Range 5K comes in! Gobbles' Free Range 5K is a weeklong Virtual Run that you can do anytime, anywhere between November 22-29. Run or walk your 5K turkey trot on your own accord and receive all the awesome race swag you'd expect from a traditional race!
Gobbles' Free Range 5K is here to give your annual turkey trot a breath of fresh autumn air!
Scroll down to see what you'll receive, learn how it works, team options, and the amazing Toucan Challenge!
Winner winner, turkey dinner! Sign up and receive:
- Official entry to Gobbles' Free Range 5K
- Hoodie, perfect for Thanksgiving dinner if you're casual like us
- 2020 Finisher's Medal
- Race Bib
- Virtual Finisher's Badge
- Gobbles' Spice Mix
- Shipping of all items
Need more swag? We get you. During registration, check out some add-on items including the Longsleeved Training Shirt (which ships early fall so you can train in it), Crewneck Sweater, and Gobbles' Beanie!
The best part about the Virtual Run is it's easy as pumpkin pie:
1. Sign up to secure your spot
2. Receive your packet in the mail
3. Complete your run or walk
You can run, walk, skip, or jog the 3.1 miles anytime between November 22-29. Of course, the best day would be Thanksgiving, but we also realize some people want the flexibility, which is why you have the entire week!
You can do this anywhere you'd like: the neighborhood, local park, treadmill, or anywhere else you may find yourself during Thanksgiving week this year!
After you've rocked your 3.1 miles, you can easily submit your time online and see your name on the leaderboard. We're also super social, so we will want to see any and all picture you snapped on our Instagram and Facebook page. We will also have an easy way to share your 5K photos to the official race page.
We encourage you to sign up today as we order a limited amount of hoodies and medals. Once they are gone, they're gone until next harvest!
Information overload? Don't fret. All the details and links will be in your confirmation email after you've signed up!
Running is always better with friends and family! Create or join a team of 4+ and each team member will save $5! Here is how it works:
1) Chat it up with your friends and have someone sign up. When this first person signs up, they should select the new 'Team' option.
2) The person that sets the team up is the designated team captain. He or she will create a group name (get creative!) and password. Most important note: the team captain will enter one single shipping address where all packets for the entire team will go and be responsible for distributing them to the team this November. This allows us to save a little on the shipping costs and pass that along to you in the form of $5 off per member!
3) Once the team captain has signed up, they can start sharing the group name and password so others can join. Please note that the team captain does not have to sign everyone up. Rather, each member can sign up and join the team to pay for their own registration, all while still receiving $5 off!
4) We begin shipping packets mid-November right before the Virtual Run period starts. If for any reason your team needs to change the address, they can do so by emailing us as long as it's prior to November 1st.
Team registration is subject to sell out and formally ends on November 1 at 11:59PM (whichever comes first). So, once you have a team created, have friends join you before it's too late!
Gobbles' friend of a different feather has come up with the perfect challenge to burn a few extra calories before the big feast! Introducing the Toucan Challenge:
- Run or walk your 5K while holding two canned goods
- Earn the exclusive Toucan Challenge Medal in addition to the regular Finisher's Medal
- Donate those canned goods to your local food pantry to help those in need
Before you head out on your 5K, be sure to weigh the cans. We are going to have everyone that signs up for this optional challenge enter the weights they run with. Assuming you've donated them, you can enter this online when you submit your time as it will add to our running goal of donations!
If you have any questions about this virtual run, click the button below.Questions?
Stay in the loop and we'll email you price increase alerts, swag design reveals, and sell out alerts.