In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Run your race, then stuff your face. Your favorite turkey trot, completed virtually 🦃
Everyone looks forward to getting out on Thanksgiving morning to knock out some miles before celebrating the harvest with friends and family. However, it's not always the most convenient day to attend a race with thousands of other people when you have a lot going on already. Making the pilgrimage from your house to the race site, finding parking, standing shoulder to shoulder with others, then racing back home to get ready can be miserable.
This is where the idea of the Free Range 5K comes in! Gobbles' Free Range 5K is a weeklong Virtual Run that you can do anytime, anywhere between November 22-28. Run or walk your 5K turkey trot on your own accord and receive all the awesome race swag you'd expect from a traditional race!
Gobbles' Free Range 5K is here to give your annual turkey trot a breath of fresh autumn air!
Scroll down to see what you'll receive, how it works, and learn about the fun Toucan Challenge!
Winner winner, turkey dinner! Sign up and receive:
- Official entry to the 2021 edition of Gobbles' Free Range 5K
- Lightweight Lounge Hoodie, perfect for Thanksgiving dinner if you're casual like us
- 2021 Finisher's Medal
- Race Bib
- Virtual Finisher's Badge
- Shipping of all items
Need more swag? We understand. During registration, check out some add-on items including the Longsleeved Training Shirt, Crewneck Sweater, and the Turkey Day Hoodie!
The best part about the Virtual Run is it's easy as pumpkin pie:
1. Sign up to secure your spot
2. Receive your packet in the mail
3. Complete your run or walk
You can run, walk, skip, or jog the 3.1 miles anytime between November 22-28. Of course, the best day would be Thanksgiving, but we also realize some people want the flexibility, which is why you have the entire week!
You can do this anywhere you'd like: the neighborhood, local park, treadmill, or anywhere else you may find yourself during Thanksgiving week this year!
After you've rocked your 3.1 miles, you can easily submit your time online and see your name on the leaderboard. Gobbles is super social, so we will want to see any and all pictures you snapped on our Instagram and Facebook page. We will also have an easy way to share your 5K photos to the official race page.
We encourage you to sign up today as we order a limited amount of hoodies and medals. Once they are gone, they're gone until next harvest!
Information overload? Don't fret. All the details and links will be in your confirmation email after you've signed up!
Gobbles' friend of a different feather has come up with the perfect challenge to burn a few extra calories before the big feast! Introducing the Toucan Challenge:
- Run or walk your 5K while holding two canned goods
- Earn the exclusive Toucan Challenge Medal in addition to the regular Finisher's Medal
- Donate those canned goods to your local food pantry to help those in need
Before you head out on your 5K, be sure to weigh the cans. We are going to have everyone that signs up for this optional challenge enter the weights they run with. Assuming you've donated them, you can enter this online when you submit your time as it will add to our running goal of donations!
Enjoy the best of fall and save some money! Select the 'Gourdys x Gobbles' race bundle and you'll register for both Gobbles' Free Range 5K as well as Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run, all while saving $19!
A little bit about each virtual race:
Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run
- A fall tradition since 2012
- Swag includes the Lightweight Tech Hoodie, finisher medal, apple cider spice mix, and more, all shipped straight to your door
- You have thru November 21st to complete Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run (right before Gobbles' begins!)
- Learn more about Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run here
Gobbles' Free Range 5K
- The new kid on the block and is the perfect turkey trot
- Swag includes the Lightweight Lounge Hoodie, finisher medal, and commemorative bib
- You have from November 22-28 to complete Gobbles' Free Range 5K
Tip: The hoodies are different materials and designs! Gourdy's is more of a pure tech + running hoodie while Gobbles' is a little more athleisure + relaxed
The race bundle is a great way to stay active all November while saving. Sign up for both!
We have a referral program that makes it easy to earn back your registration fee. Once you've signed up for the race, you'll be part of The Rafters (which is what you call a group of turkeys). Here's how it works:
1) Sign up for the Virtual Run
2) You'll receive a unique link to share with friends and family
3) Each time someone signs up through your link, you'll earn one referral point. Earn five referral points and get $20 refunded back to you.
4) Get a total of eight referral points and you'll receive the remainder of your base registration fee back!
Sign up, get your referral link, and start spreading the word like jam on a biscuit!
If you have any questions about this virtual run, click the button below.
Stay in the loop and we'll email you price increase alerts, swag design reveals, and sell out alerts.